The Technical Service Manager (TSM) Health for Eastern Europe will be responsible for the technical and scientific support of the sales team regarding the animal health portfolio, with a specialization in poultry. The portfolio is comprised of probiotics, acidifiers, encapsulated butyrates, encapsulated organic acids, essential oils and mycotoxin binders. The precise area assigned can be adapted according to the profile of the candidate.
You will be home office based, preferably located in Eastern Europe and will travel across the European region (30-45% of your time)
We are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us. We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century. We are a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services.
For over half a century, Kemin has been dedicated to using applied science to address industry challenges and offer product solutions to customers in more than 120 countries. Kemin provides ingredients to feed a growing population with its commitment to the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed and health-related products to customers in more than 120 countries.
Established in 1961, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned-and-operated company with more than 2,800 global employees and operations in 90 countries, including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
Mission of the team:
You will work in close collaboration with the health team in the EMENA region focusing on solutions to improve animal health. The health team consists of: A business manager, product managers, technical service managers and closely collaborates with dedicated scientists.
Be the ideal partner for our customers for animal health management, as we provide scientifically proven solutions addressing immunity, intestinal integrity, microbiome management and mycotoxin risk management. Sustainable disease prevention as well as continuous improvement of animal health and welfare is our core business.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are the direct partner of the sales team in supporting monogastric animal health projects in your assigned area. This consists of:
- Translate field issues and customer challenges into solutions to support our sales managers and customers;
- Provide technical training and support to the sales;
- Monitor the progress of the customer sales projects by quarterly reviews and report to the team;
- Provide direct technical support to our customers, distributors and you support critical field projects lead by the sales. Identify and prioritize customer product and application needs, manage them and drive execution with your counterparts or product manager;
- Interact with the service teams (customer laboratory and product application services) to secure your projects get all needed technical support;
Participate in and attend local and international exhibitions, seminars, trainings and workshops;
- Translate research findings (i.e. animal trials, field experiences) to technical and sales tools (i.e. technical papers, success stories) together with the product manager, make presentations for customers, symposia and workshops;
- Manage, qualify and provide technical input regarding requests for lab services and applied research projects;
- Inform the health team on technical issues and competitive info;
- Support to R&D and registration affairs where needed, by collecting technical information and trial results;
- Be involved in preparation and execution of the marketing strategic plan;
- Communicate and exchange experience with counterparts.
What we expect of you:
- University degree in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent experience with focus on animal health;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are needed. This means that you have a certain affinity for commercial work;
- A high degree of personal motivation, a desire to make an immediate contribution and a sense of urgency;
- You like working in a cross-functional team;
- You speak fluently English, other European languages are a plus;
- Some field experience in a monogastric species, preferably poultry
- Experience in a technical/commercial business in animal health (monogastric).
What is in it for you:
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity and fringe additional benefits;
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer an on-site fitness center at our local HQ in Belgium, monthly seasonal fresh fruit options;
- Continued learning opportunities- Kemin recently launched a corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career;
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.